Otaku room

At Dannychoo.com, there is a competition to find out of all the readers who has the most Otaku-ish room. Given that I am quite proud of my room and have noticed it has become so otaku-ish that even Japanese bloggers mention that my room is more otaku than average Japanese otakus, I jumped at this opportunity to show off my room and entered the competition.

The results still haven’t been announced, but the lucky winner will get 20,000 yen worth of spending money from a company called Tenso to spend on goods at stores that do not ship outside Japan. Tenso apparently receive the mail at their address and redirect your goods to you. Well the word tenso means “to forward” something, like email for example. So to Japanese speaking people, the name makes sense.

Anyways, my entry photo is in the following link:

room-photo-small

Wish me luck!

Comments (11)

NhonMarch 29th, 2009 at 6:55 pm

I think you might get the prize…good luck ^_^

AndreMarch 29th, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Yo Tim!

It was nice meeting you yesterday.
Thats a cool room! I seriously cant believe that this room is an actual room in Perth…
Its so damn otaku…

Good luck with the competition!

TimApril 1st, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Hi, Thanks for the comments!

Nhon, I hope so too! 😛
I did hear that Danny Choo has secured 10 runner up prizes, so there is a higher chance that I could win something.

Andre, It was nice meeting you too on the Saturday, thanks for popping in and saying hi.
I’m very proud of my room. I too hope that I do well in the competition.

TibulApril 6th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

Very Nice 🙂

I really need to post my collection problem is my room is such a mess that you cant see half of my DVD collection lol need some more shelving.

FrankieMay 2nd, 2009 at 1:16 pm

WO_OW!
every single time i see otaku(-ish) rooms, i always wonder, are these people really rich?! cause theres like walls and piles of stuff

well to the point, awesome collection=^-^=

TimMay 3rd, 2009 at 7:33 pm

Tibul, I’d be very interested to check out your room and collection! 😛

TimMay 3rd, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Frankie,
Nah, not rich.. I just simply am very careful with how I spend my money on stuff so I can spend it on anime stuff instead. I’d also rather bring my own lunch to work and using public transport when possible.
Also, when you holiday to Japan and find that they have 2nd hand books and anime goods for ridiculously cheap prices, you can’t really help by posting back several boxes of anime goodies home.

I think it took about a couple of trips to Japan to fill up my room to this point.

SebastianJuly 19th, 2009 at 2:56 am

Good look with the competition.

TimJuly 19th, 2009 at 3:06 am

Thanks!
Although that competition finished a while ago. I unfortunately didn’t win but I really enjoyed looking at the other really impressive entries while I was at it.

I’m currently entering my room in a new room competition to see if I can get it published in a book.

Still waiting to find out how it goes.

SebastianSeptember 21st, 2009 at 7:08 am

Ah well…thats to bad, cause honestly your room is very impresive.Well best of luck again.^_^

prityMarch 28th, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I will probally never show my room..
your room ist ok but if you see my it will probally kill people

stay cool ^^